Moving can be easier if you know what to do and have hired a professional moving company, like Newcastle Movers. If your move threatens to overwhelm you, use our guide in making your move manageable and stress- free.
- Go through the contents of your drawers, cabinets, and cupboards and eliminate those items that you don’t need. You may donate them or hold a garage sale.
- Then, make an inventory of the items that you want to move and determine their replacement values.
- Don’t forget to obtain free quote from us.
6 Weeks Before the Moving
- Finalize your rental needs and finalize your travel arrangements with Newcastle Movers.
- Notify the schools of your kids that you’re moving and contact new schools for their enrollment information.
- Gather copies of medical records for yourself and every family member, who’s moving with you.
- Assess your closets and get rid of your clothes that you no longer want or don’t fit you. Once you’re done assessing your closets, assess the items room by room.
- Start packing items that you don’t use frequently. You can start in the basement or in the attic.
5 Weeks Before
- Purchase moving supplies, like packing materials, labels, tape, and box cutters.
- Order specialty items, like mattress bags, dish boxes, or wardrobe boxes. But you can request them from us as we supply them, too.
- Ensure you have a box-labelling system in place.
- Start to pack and make it room-by-room.
1 Month Before
- Confirm your paperwork with Newcastle Movers.
- Consult your list of services and make necessary changes for your address.
- Gather your jewelry and family heirlooms. Keep them in a separate moving box. You may choose to transport them by hand or use a trackable shipping service that comes with insurance.
- Make sure that the major appliances you’re moving are cleaned and ready to go.
- Withdraw cash to make sure that you have enough checks or credit card in paying for unexpected expenses.
- Dispose pain, chemicals, and other flammable items that you can’t transport.
- Make sure that your family members have packed a suitcase as if they’re going on a week of vacation.
- Check in with Newcastle Movers one last time and confirm any changes you wish to make. Our representatives will re-confirm your moving-day arrival time.
Newcastle Movers offers a basic coverage with California’s standard. You may choose to purchase an additional coverage from a third-party insurance.
Under the PUC Law, moving companies can’t be held responsible for your valuable items.
Call us today to know more about our moving services (818) 522-5220.